The Albanian ICT Association was established in 2007 as an initiative of Albanian enterprises working in the IT domain. It is the voice of the Albanian information and communications technologies (ICT) sector as well as a prominent advocate for the expansion of Albania’s innovative capacity and for stronger productivity across all sectors through the strategic use of technology.
AITA has over 72 members representing hardware, software and ICT service companies, NGO-s and academic institutions.We are committed to helping our members achieve greater success through advocacy, public policy, education, networking, professional development, events and business development opportunities in domestic and foreign markets.
Objectives of AITA are:
• To be the leading voice and the representative of IT sector in the Government;
• To develop, strengthen and promote the IT industry in the country;
• To develop the IT export services;
• To become the leader in promoting professional and quality services in the country;
• To create partnerships with other associations;
• To promote education and improve high school and university IT curricula.
AITA is focused on generating projects and implementing activities that have direct impact on the members and on the wider IT community in Albania, aiming also at a sustainable growth and development of the association itself.
The list of activities includes:
• Coordinated representation towards the Government with participation in joint meetings;
• Meetings with representatives of particular sectors of importance for the IT sector;
• Building bridges of cooperation with companies in other countries;
• Support of internationalization efforts of member companies;
• Building bridges of cooperation with other sectors of the Albanian economy;
• Organizing conferences and tech fairs;
• Roundtable Meetings on topics relevant to the sector;
• StartUp and Training events;
• Initiation of studies aiming at generating relevant data for the sector etc;
• Activities aiming the sustainable development of the association are focused on various activities for our members;
• Fundraising activities and generation of projects that could consolidate the position of the association and increase the attractiveness for potential members;
• Preparation of strategies and daily activities for the maintenance and consolidation of the position of the association in the NGO sector in Albania and in the region.